Monday, March 3, 2008

RIP Alan

RIP Alan I can't believe he is actually gone. A very close friend of ours Alan Hartt passed away from a heart attack on Saturday night. I knew something was wrong when my Dad called me at 6 AM Sunday morning. I thought for sure it was Grandma. The last person I expected to hear come out of my Dads mouth was Alan. Alan was young, in good shape, used to be a marine. It really makes you wonder how much time you really have left. He left behind 2 twin girls that were only 16 and another daughter that is 18 and just had a baby boy not too long ago, and the love of his life Karla. I remember I always wanted to be as happy and in love like him and Karla were. I remember Alan from when I was a kid. I used to babysit the girls right after the twins were born. Alan and my Dad were pretty close. My Dad just turned 50 a week or so ago and I just can't imagine what I would do if I lost him. It really does make you realize that life can be cut short in an instant and to never take advantage of the time you have. You always think it won't happen to you or you have plenty of time to spend with the ones you love. Well, things like this kind of put things in prospective for you, ya know. I want to ask that everyone keep his family in their prayers. Give all those girls the strength to get through all this. Alan will be very missed and we love him very much.

No comments: