Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer

Well it's been awhile. It's warm outside finally and things have been crazy around here. Spring cleaning, sick boy, husband with a bum ankle and trying to enjoy the outdoors has kept us on our toes.
As a new Christian sometimes I feel myself backsliding. I know everyone has probably had those struggles at times. I could feel my sailor mouth coming back a couple times and anyone who has known me for a long time knows I had quite the potty mouth. When you have had a potty mouth for so long sometimes you don't even realize you are doing it until it is too late. That would be me. I did great there for awhile and then I started catching myself doing it again. I missed church 2 weeks in a row due to being out doing something with the family. It gets warm outside and your routine gets all screwed up. I wasn't reading my Bible as much, not praying. Some true backsliding. I attended a Tent of Meeting at church on Monday and did some serious self inventory. I feel better now and am getting back on track. Needed a swift kick in the butt. Next week is Vacation Bible School where I am a group leader so that will be great. I am excited.
I want to thank everyone who is so supportive. Especially Brenda, hearing you tell me that you are proud of me brought tears to my eyes. Love you. My MOPS girls you are all wonderful. Regina you are truly the best, always trying to make sure I am staying on track.


PSALM 31: 1-5

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.

Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.

Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.

Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.

1 comment:

Jess Slusher said...

Tresa,

Great to read your post! You are growing in the Lord, sister.
Have a great VBS! You will do great!